THE MAGOKORO PRACTICE
what we do
Executive leadership that promotes a journey from inner growth to outer performance. Working with individuals and teams to enable awareness, change and impact.
Areas of Expertise
• Executive leadership development with an emphasis on maximising
strengths, overcoming performance derailers and broadening systemic
• Conducting 360 degree executive interview and feedback processes to
assess performance and promote awareness and impetus to change
• Coaching to support major role and life transitions
• Accelerating the development of high performing and results focussed
• Talent cohort and leadership program design and facilitation
Examples of Recent Assignments
Executive and Team Coaching
• Board initiated review of CEO performance, followed with behavioural
coaching to improve targeted leadership outcomes
• First 100 Days executive coaching for CFO, enabling successful
transition into broader Corporate Services Executive role
• Transition coaching for CEO, supporting significant career and life
• High Performing Team coaching – clarifying purpose, building trust,
and instituting team performance principles
Leadership and Coaching Programs
• Coaching capability development program, skilling organisational
leaders to improve outcomes through empowering their people
• Local talent development program, building greater local talent bench
strength, and reducing reliance on ex-pat leadership
• Cross functional group (Pod) coaching program to embed learning
from leadership development investment
For over 20 years, Susan has worked in strategic HR and organisational development roles across multiple sectors including telecommunications, banking and finance, manufacturing, not-for-profit and professional services. During her career, she has held positions leading executive coaching, talent development and culture change within large ASX listed organisations. In recent years, she established the Telstra Coaching Practice, along with personally coaching and facilitating eadership sessions with hundreds of senior leadersand teams. In a ddition to team and executive development, she is also experienced in conducting 360 degree interview and feedback processes with CEOs and Senior Executives to enable awareness of impact and drive targeted development.
Susan’s approach focusses on the intersection between the priorities of the organisation and the aspirations of the individual. Performance in work and in life is often an inner game, and Susan supports sustained change by addressing the mindsets and beliefs that drive our choices. Her approach is strengths based, and focussed on leveraging individual and team capabilities to overcome habitual patterns that undermine results. She relates with calm presence and humour to build a deep level of trust and rapport with individuals and teams. Through building a strong partnership, she challenges and provokes new understanding and provides support and strategies to lighten the leadership load.
Susan’s leadership development philosophyintegrates learning from a successful corporate career and extensive education in behavioural change including neuroscience-based coaching approaches. Susan has a BA Social Science (Psychology), and a MA in Gestalt Psychotherapy. She holds coaching certifications from the Institute of Executive Coaching & Leadership and the Neuroleadership Institute, and is PCC accredited with the International Coach Federation. As a balance to her corporate work, Susan also provides regular pro-bono psychotherapy services within her local community.